Security in urban centres is likely to be pre-emptively heightened in communally sensitive areas and around religious places due to the risk of unrest, says at International SOS
NCR and Delhi have been on high security alert in view of the prevailing violence. Prohibitory orders under Section 144 remain in place in Gurugram and Nuh districts.
Security has been heightened in the capital New Delhi and in neighbouring parts of Haryana and Uttar Pradesh states. The authorities in the capital are on high alert with anti-riot gear.
Udit Mehta, Executive VP, Global Security Solutions at International SOS has issued the following advisory for companies and their empoloyees.
- New Delhi: According to local media reports, protests are likely at 23 places across the capital. Security has been heightened at the Nirman Vihar Metro Station, Patparganj Mother Dairy, Badarpur Border, Chhatarpur Chowk, Britannia Chowk and Naraina Chowk, among others.
- Noida (Gautam Buddha Nagar, Uttar Pradesh state): March from Noida Stadium (Sector 21A) towards Rajnigandha Chowk (Sector 16). Section 144 has been imposed in the district until 3 August.
- Jaipur (Rajasthan state):
- Telangana state: Statewide protests.
Security in urban centres is likely to be pre-emptively heightened in communally sensitive areas and around religious places due to the risk of unrest. The demonstrations are expected to see moderate attendance and will be held amid heightened security. Potential flashpoints for protests include public squares and key intersections in major urban centres and district headquarters. Any unrest or attempts by protesters to blockade roads or impede traffic is likely to be met with a strong police response, including detentions, posing incidental risk to bystanders. There will be localised traffic disruption.
- Liaise with local contacts to remain apprised about the situation, including any planned or spontaneous gatherings.
- Avoid all demonstrations as a precaution. Exercise caution and follow all official directives.
- Reconfirm the status of routes prior to setting out and allow additional travel time.
- Do not attempt to drive through crowds.
- Leave an area if protesters and/or police begin to gather there.
- Monitor our SMS alerts and reports for related updates