KRAFTON, Inc. will once again be holding the Pick’Em Challenge - an event where fans predict the winner of PGI.S and win prizes.
SEOUL, Feb 12 (The CONNECT) - KRAFTON, Inc., responsible for entertainment properties such as PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS (PUBG), launched PUBG Global Invitational.S (PGI.S) - a global LAN/online hybrid tournament where the world’s top PUBG PC esports teams will compete for a share of a $3.5 million USD prize pot.
The event, on from February 8 will run till March 28, with 32 rosters from eight different regions participating in weekly showdowns with prize money increasing as the competition progresses. The tournament is primarily held offline at Studio Paradise in Incheon, South Korea. Owing to the current COVID-19 situation, some of the teams will compete online from their home regions.
Based on Rank Decision matches which took place from February 5-7, the highest ranked 16 teams participated in Weekly Survival matches on February 8 to battle it out for a place in the Weekly Grand Finals. Once a team wins a Weekly Survival match, they progress to the Weekly Grand Finals immediately - with their place taken by the next highest ranked team from Rank Decision Matches.
The four top ranked teams at the Weekly Finals will take home a share of the prize pot. This process continues over eight weeks, with a one-week break in the middle for an additional PUBG esports tournament.
The share of prize money offered in each weekly event will grow as the tournament progresses, and the team that secures the most earnings by the end of the event will be crowned champions. A full run-down of the PGI.S format and rules can be found here.
● Week 1 Weekly Survival Matches: Monday 8 February, Tuesday 9 February and Wednesday 10 February, starting from 15:30 IST.
● After the opening week, weekly Survival Matches will take place on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 15:30 IST.
● Weekly Finals Matches: To take place every Saturday and Sunday throughout the event from 15:30 IST.
● Survival Tournament: March 5-7, a specialty tournament within PGI.S.
All matches will be broadcast globally on various platforms in over 17 languages. For the passionate PUBG fans in India, KRAFTON has partnered with NODWIN Gaming to offer Hindi broadcasts via local streamers - Gamingpro Ocean, NODWIN Gaming, PAiN FyXs, Sparky Gaming and Ansh TY. Please see below for a list of broadcast links in various languages:
● English - https://www.twitch.tv/pubg
● English - https://www.youtube.com/pubgesports
● Gamingpro Ocean - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZmfb_gIPxsJ_aGmcWNOzlA
● NODWIN Gaming - https://www.youtube.com/user/LordNODCasting
● PAiN FyXs - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8l-0ywUNKt3XBfobuzXGwA
● Sparky Gaming - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgww-Z5nK8uqX2lM5lzgKDw
● Ansh YT - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClHbJ2iUOVlgyG8-Y-CNzpA
KRAFTON, Inc. will once again be holding the Pick’Em Challenge - an event where fans predict the winner of PGI.S in order to win prizes. Fans can earn free voting coupons, and purchase PGI.S items, by visiting the in-game esports tab. Reflecting KRAFTON, Inc’s. commitment to rewarding PUBG esports players, the $3.5 million USD prize pot will be supplemented by 30% of all revenue made from the Pick’Em Challenge.