The Yogi Adityanath-led government has directed all departments to go for soft copies for office work not to use plastic water bottles.
LUCKNOW, Mar 1 (The CONNECT)- In its ongoing efforts to do away with single use plastic in the state and avoid wastage of paper to protect the environment, the Yogi Adityanath-led government has directed all departments to go for soft coies for office work and not to use plastic water bottles.
The message has been conveyed to the government departments on behalf of Chief Secretary Durga Shankar Mishra to ensure strict compliance with the instructions.
The fresh circular comes as the departments have been presenting plastic covers and single-sided printed booklets despite repeated instructions.
● Maximum soft copy should be used by all the government officers and departmental heads
● Use of physical (hard) copy should be minimized and whenever there is a need to print, double sided printing should be done.
● Plastic cover and spiral binding should never be used.
● All the files should be sent through e-office only. If it is unavoidable to send physical files, they should be printed on both sides of the paper.
● Never use plastic bottles for water in meetings.